Home.
The Headlines!.
History.
Burton Village.
Burton Waters.
Odder & Burton fen.
Parish News.
Parish Council Minutes.
Parish  Information.
Burton Club.
St Vincent's Church.
The cocked hat mystery.
Burton Journal.
Burton Photo Gallery.
Burton Nature Diary.
Contact us.
Burton estate club building - once the village school

The Burton Estate Club was founded in 1951 when Lord Monson granted the village a lease on the Old School Building . Until that time, the villages within the Monson Estate had remained dry. The Club rules, agreed by Lord Monson, state its object as:

 

“To afford its members the means of social intercourse, mutual helpfulness mental and moral improvement and rational recreation”

Membership of the club is by payment of an annual subscription of only £10. It is open every evening from Thursday to Saturday 7pm -11pm and at lunchtime on Sundays from 1230pm to 5.00pm. The club has a lively programme of events, particularly during the summer months, when you can relax with a drink in the pleasant grounds.   The building, which is Grade 2 listed, no longer meets the needs of the  parish whose population has grown from 150 to over 500 people.  The Club committee is  therefore seeking a £75,000 grant to improve the facilities.

Burton Club annual hog roast
Burton Estate Club
The club hog roast
held in July

 For Club and Film Events in 2012 click here   

 

 

 

 

 

 

village hog roast party
Club Officers
Chair            -     Michael Woodrow   woodrowcmichael@ymail.com
Treasurer    -      John Walsh

Secretary     -    Position Vacant
Steward        -    Helen Metson         terry.metson@btconnect.com
Club events
Burton estate club - Once the village school

Burton Club Annual General Meeting  10th March  2012

 

The club AGM was held on 10th March   - Michael Woodrow was elected chairman and John Walsh Treasurer The post of Secretary was unfilled and volunteers for the committee are urgently needed!  The audited accounts  at the link below.

 

Click here for the audited accounts for 2011